buy history essays where can i buy an essay paper improve writing skills app about corruption essay research topic essay lifelong learner teacher

Seven COVID-19 suspect cases cleared

KANANELO BOLOETSE

MASERU – Seven samples of the suspected coronavirus cases which were taken to South Africa for testing last week have tested negative for COVID-19, the Ministry of Health announced on Wednesday. The ministry of said it had identified eight suspected cases of COVID-19 between March 17 and 29. These included one case of a deceased person. All the suspected cases were Basotho, one with travel history to United Kingdom, six with travel history to South Africa and one without a travel history.

“On 28 March, seven samples were taken to the NICD in South Africa for testing, all seven samples were tested negative for COVID-19,” Director General of Health Services, Dr ‘Nyane Letsie, said. “Two other suspected cases were identified on March 30; three samples which include one for the diseased will be shipped to NICD today, April 1, 2020. The results will be shared as soon as they are available,” Letsie added. She indicated that while awaiting results, all the suspected cases were kept in isolation and managed for symptoms.

“The Ministry of Health pleads with the public to calm down, be vigilant and maintain safety protocol to minimize spread of the virus, that is, wash hands with soap, observe coughing and sneezing etiquette, follow quarantine measures and adhere to the set terms for the lockdown and reduce possible spread of the virus,” concluded Letsie.

Ministry of health has announced that the seven suspected cases of COVID -19 that were discovered between 27th and 28th March 2020 and taken to South Africa   for testing on 28th of March tested negative to the virus. The ministry also announced that there are other two suspect cases that were identified on the 30th March 2020 will be send to South Africa for testing today together with samples of the deceased.

“The Port of Health Authorities will continue to carry out vigilant screening procedures at all designated Ports of entry and observation of those on home quarantine are being followed,” said ministry of health in a press release. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared a global pandemic over coronavirus which causes an illness known as COVID-19.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial