Kay Cee’s gutted by fire


Masentle Makara

ROMA – Roma famous food and beverage seller Kay Cee’s was gutted by fire in the morning hours of Monday.
The fire which destroyed part of the roof was suspected to have been caused by a deep fryer which was left unplugged, store employees said. Eye witness reports indicated the fire started small but due to late arrival of the fire fighters, escalated.

The cost of the fire is yet unknown. Kay Cee’s which has been part of the Roma community for many years normally sells food and alcohol, but is currently selling only food due the coronavirus. An employee of the store who spoke to the Public Eye said mainly the cold food was affected in the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *