China Garden fire: Gas leak suspected



MASERU – It has been established that the fire that broke out at the former China Garden Restaurant along old Europa road, was caused by a suspected gas leak.

Since the closure of the restaurant a few years ago, the building has since been turned into a residential place for some Chinese nationals working around town.

According to a guard the fire broke out while he was outside the house.

“I was not inside the house when it happened but a colleague explained to me that someone had been cooking on the gas stove so we suspect it to be cause of the fire,” he said.

He said there were no causalities and the fire fighters were deployed at the scene to extinguish the fire.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *