Fast food manager gunned down
MASERU – Police are investigating the suspected murder of one of the managers of Chiefs Fast Foods, who was found dead in his vehicle – an Audi A4, next to the Maseru Golf Course last week.
The 50-year-old man, who was a resident of Ladybrand in South Africa, appeared to have been shot dead in his car, police reports show. A 9mm pistol and 47 rounds of ammunition were found next to the man’s body on October 29.
Police had earlier received a tip-off about a dead man who was seen in a car near the golf course. Two passports, one South African and the other Lesotho, were found in the dead man’s vehicle.
Ex-DMA boss assassinated at home
MASERU – The former CEO of the Disaster Management Authority (DMA), ’Makhotso Mahosi, was shot dead execution style along with her 11-year-old son at their Ha Matala Phase 1 home.
Their live-in-maid who was also shot in the incident suffered serious gunshot wounds.
Police reports show that on the night of October 29, the three were watching television in the living room when they heard a knock on the door.
The person at the door was the family driver, who was told to come inside the room.
But as soon as the driver entered the room, two armed men who were coming right behind him threw him outside and pointed their firearms at Mahosi, demanding money.
Police show that the suspects drove Mahosi to her bedroom, and continued to demand money. It is not clear whether or not the suspects found the money they wanted. But minutes later, when they came out of the bedroom, the men shot Mahosi and her two companions.
Both Mahosi and her son died in a hail of bullets while the maid suffered some serious gunshot wounds. The driver, who had fled to seek assistance from the police, arrived later with the police to find his boss and her son dead.
The injured maid was thereafter rushed to the nearest hospital, where she was admitted.
Man rapes his own daughters
MASERU – A 37-year-old man who faces charges of raping his two teenage daughters is expected to appear in the Maseru Magistrate’s Court on November 5 for remand.
It is alleged that the man, who is believed to have also ill-treated his wife often left his bed at night to sexually molest his daughters, aged 16 and 14, interchangeably.
Police reports show that the man is also notorious for terrorising his community. The names of the suspect and his village have been withheld to protect the identities of the victims, who are underage.
The suspect was finally hauled before court on October 25 after the community that had had enough of his bullying reported him to the police, leading to his subsequent arrest.
Boy, 18, arrested for statutory rape
QUTHING – An 18-year-old boy from Bolahla, Ha Sejakhosi, is in police custody for the alleged statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl from the same village.
Police reports show that on the morning of October 26, the victim was getting ready to go to school when her mother suddenly noticed signs of pregnancy on her.
The girl had earlier denied being sexually active, but this time around she told her mother that she was indeed pregnant and revealed who was responsible for her condition leading to the suspect’s arrest.
She was later rushed to the hospital, where she allegedly delivered a stillborn baby.